Moraira, Costa Blanca, Spain
Moraira, previously a sleepy fishing village is now a very picturesque tourist town, that has not realy been discoverd by many British Tour companys.
Because of this it has managed to retain much of its original charm and identity.
- Located on the Costa Blanca
- 80 km north of Alicante
- 100 km south of Valencia
Playa de L Ampolla
The largest & most popular beach especially with families.
- The nearest beach to Moraira town centre
- 300 metres west of the Morairia Marina
- 100 metres west of the Moraira Castle
Playa de l Andrago
Playa de Platgetes
Actually a fortified Tower to protect from 16th century Barbary pirate attacks, according to the plaque by the entrance the defence was not completed untill 1742.
- Built with 2 floors plus the roof that housed 4 bronze cannon
- Built on a slighty raised rock promontory at the eastern end of L Ampolla beach
- 10 metre high
- From the air the fort is shaped like an Ox hoof (Pezuña de Buey)
- Semi circlar frontage facing the sea
- The rear has 2 semi bastions and the entrace protected with a drawbridge & ditch
- The fortress was damaged by a British Navy bombardment in1801 during the War of the Second Coalition aganst revolutionary France who were allied to Spain & other counries.
- Fully restored in the early 1980s
There are no massive Hotels or Apartments in Moraira and onlty a few medium sized ones. Therefore the town has a less mass crowd feel to it which you find in towns such as Benidorm
For Hotels, Apartments at low prices, Flights and Airport Transfers Click Here
For best price Hotels or Apartments price comparison
La Sort Hotel 3 Star
Avda. de la Paz, 24, Moraira, Spain
Bela Dama Club Nautico Moraira
Modern european cuisine using the freshest seasonal produce
- Lunch: Menu of the Day
- Dinner: A'la Carte Menu
- Terrace Open in Summer
- Relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
- Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calle Haya 51, Moraira, Spain Tel 965 743 311
La SortT Restaurant
- Fresh natural Mediterranean products such as fish, seafood and olive oil carefully selected
La Sort Restaurant & Restaurant Sand located in the La Sort Hotel. Avda. Madrid, 1
Fabullous position with terraces situated at several levels overlooking the bay & beach and with steps & ramp leading almost to the waters edge.
Directly on the beach in the bay of El Portet
Right on the promentory point & directly next the beach & sea in the bay of El Portet
Marjaletas 6, Moraira, 03724
- Moraira Club Nautico with 700 members. Started in 1985 Website
- Sailing School throughout Summer and at weekends only in Winter
- With a range of boat types suitable for most ages with lessons for beginners to advanced classes.
- The marina has 620 berths ranging in depth from 2 to metres
The bus service is operated by Autobuses Ifach S.L
Line 3 Calpe - Moraira - Teulada
Official Tourist Information Office
At the Junction of